Events List Navigation
– Final Conference for the Data as Relation Research Project Big data’s time is in the here and now, which is not to say that big data has no past. Collecting, archiving and storing data are acts that seek to hold on to elusive happenings of yesterday and yesteryear. Private businesses and public sector institutions are currently intensely busy with understanding and experimenting with data. More data (and more diverse data sources) make their ways into meeting rooms in the…Find out more »
We have four regular events
- The TiP Salon runs weekly during the semester. We convene around constructive engagement with new publications, visitors to the group and work in progress. The meeting is open, and runs at 12:00-13:00 on Wednesdays. Please contact Lara Reime to sign up to the email list.
- Shut up and Write runs weekly during the semester. Based on the model promoted by Inger Mewburn, we commit to writing projects on the whiteboard and write in shorter sessions with breaks. For more, see here.
- The TiP Invited Speaker Series has been running since 2018, and each year 3-4 invited speakers present their work in a public forum. All welcome.
- The TiP Writing Workshop takes place twice a semester, where contributions from all members of TiP are welcome. The purpose of the workshop is to give and receive feedback on ‘in progress’ work. Practically the workshop entails reading all participants’ submission, being a ‘caring opponent’ on one particular text, and participating in constructive debate about the texts.
When PhD students are at the right stage of their studies, they resurrect the longstanding institution of the STS Reading Group. Previous seasons of the Reading Group can be found here (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017).