Call for papers for ECSCW 2015 held 19-23 September 2015 in Oslo, Norway
In 2015 the European Conference o Computer-Supported Cooperative Work – ECSCW – will be held September 19-23 in Oslo, Norway. ECSCW is a series of international conferences on computer-supported cooperative work located in Europe. The conference website is: http://www.ecscw2015.eu
CSCW focuses on enhancing our understanding of the practices of cooperative work aiming to explore and design technological support. The ECSCW conference is an important venue for defining and further develop the agenda of CSCW research. ECSCW addresses themes like:
- human practice in work and other activities: how can we understand W?
- cooperation and its characteristics (e.g. the role of awareness): how can we understand CW?
- methods for investigating human practices: the role of ethnography in CSCW
- digital and other material artefacts in cooperative work: how can we understand CS?
- design of CSCW: challenges and explorations
The ECSCW conferences are single-track conferences that contribute to developing an interdisciplinary ECSCW community. The conference format aims to facilitate critical discussion across disciplinary and national borders in the field.
ECSCW will offer multiple ways of contributing and discussing research, including full papers, exploratory (short) papers, demos and videos in addition to workshops and master classes. We invite you to submit your research in one or more categories (see important dates in the right column). An overview of earlier ECSCW conferences (and proceedings) are available from ecscw.org.
Important dates are:
6. February 2015: papers submissions due
6. March 2015: workshops, tutorials submissions due
13. April 2015: accept/reject notifications sent to authors
4. May 2015: finished papers dues (camera-ready electronic submission)
8. May 2015: demos / videos submissions due
8. June 2015: demos / videos accept/reject notifications sent
19. August 2015: early registration deadline ends
19-23. September 2015: conference in Oslo, Norway
On behalf of ECSCW 2015
Tone Bratteteig & Margunn Aanestad
If you have any questions please contact Nina Boulus-Rødje email@example.com